Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Today I came home

Today I finally came home after 10 months in hospitals and a rehabilitation center. I nearly died because of a disease called neuromyelitis optica. I can remember how I died, but that's a story for another blog post, I think.

I am writing this because actually it is easier to cope with something by writing about it than by talking about it.

And I found out that I learnt a lot about how to survive and to live well, so I have the hope I can share my experience and new knowledge with you.

Currently I am sitting in a wheel chair, I cannot move my legs yet. During the last months in the rehabilitation center I learnt how to handle the wheel chair. I am still not very good with it, but I am learning,

Another issue is my blood circulation which works best in the afternoon, but not in the morning.
And most of my muscles are gone due to the long bed time.
And the nerves in my arms and shoulder really hurt very much, which makes everything much harder.
And there are many other, more or less severe problems.


But today I came home to my beloved wife. It is a celebration day. We had a very a good dinner, we will rest soon, and maybe we go for some ice-cream then.
I love ice-cream.

It's important to do things you love to do...

Tomorrow will be a good day to think about my next steps and I will be happy to tell you more about some challenges and how to possibly master them.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment