Thursday, March 22, 2012

Collage of several of Gray's muscle pictures, ...
Collage of several of Gray's muscle pictures, by Mikael Häggström (User:Mikael Häggström) (Photo credit: Wikipedia)

Training

This week I started with my training again.


  • Cardio training, several times a week, if possible (depends on my energy level, time, and the hurtings in my right shoulder).
  • Power... muscle training with light barbells. I was never strong, but after 4 months lying in a hospital bed, I lost ALL of the muscles, I did not need to survive. Actually I couldn't even hold a cup of water, when I was in the hospital, over a year ago. Now I am training with barbells of 1 to 4 kg. It is ridiculous, but I cannot change it except by more training.
  • Training for my hips, for my back bone. That's interesting, but very difficult, because I cannot use most of my muscles there.
  • Finger training. The fingers of my left hand work only partially, unfortunately.
  • Neuro training. Ha, that's funny. I have to move a special ball with my left hand in circles. The ball has some inner parts which work against that movement, so it is difficult. And at the same time I have to move my right hand independently of the left hand. Well, I am actually quite good in this. My physio therapist said he has never seen such a "talented" guy before. Nice somehow...
  • Wheel chair training. I have to learn how to drive only on the back wheels. That is required for driving over a single stair or into the underground train.
  • And so on. Too much to do for a guy with not enough energy. But it will become better...

No comments:

Post a Comment